Make America Your Home Forever We're Committed to Making This as Simple and Understandable as Possible!

Employment & Investor Immigration

Handled By Our Shreveport Immigration Lawyers

You may be able to obtain a green card via a petition from a U.S. employer or an investment in a job-creating business. There are unique immigration options available for nurses, physical therapists, researchers, academia, and accomplished individuals. Additionally, there are several immigrant and non-immigrant classifications available for both professional, skilled, and unskilled individuals seeking employment in the United States through their businesses or employers on a temporary or permanent basis.

At Flowers Davis, PLLC, we represent employers from small, family-owned agricultural businesses to multinational corporations on all immigration-related matters. We assist federal contractors in making sure their work forces are compliant with all federal regulations regarding employee immigration status. We also assist universities, medical facilities, and research institutions with the immigration process for their valued international employees and prospective employees.

The process for employees and investors/business owners to obtain green cards is complex. Generally, the law establishes preference-based categories for potential immigrants, with each category requiring different qualifications. The following are examples of employment-based immigration categories.

At Flowers Davis, PLLC, we are experienced employment & investor immigration lawyers in Shreveport who are committed to making the immigration process as simple and understandable as possible for our clients. Contact us today at (318) 402-0808.

Can I Apply for an Employment-Based Visa?

Individuals who may be able to meet the requirements of an EB5 investor visa include:

First Preference

  • A Person with Extraordinary Ability (this can include in the area of athletics, business, science, education, or the arts)
  • An Outstanding Researcher or Professor (you must be internationally recognized and have at least three years of experience in research or teaching)
  • A Multinational Manager or Executive (you need to have been employed by an overseas affiliate, branch, subsidiary, or parent of a United States employer for at least one of the three preceding years)

Second Preference

  • A Professional Holding an Advanced Degree (a baccalaureate degree and at least five years of experience in a profession or beyond a baccalaureate degree)
  • A Person with Exceptional Ability in Business, the Arts, or the Sciences

Third Preference

  • A Skilled Worker (your job requires a minimum of two years of work experience or training that is not seasonal or temporary)
  • A Professional (your job needs at least a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university, an equivalent degree from a foreign university or college, or the necessary combination of education and experience)
  • An Unskilled Worker (your job needs less than two years of experience or training that is not seasonal or temporary)

Fourth Preference

  • This “special immigrant category” includes subgroups that include translators, ministers, broadcasters, and individuals recruited outside of the U.S. who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces, etc.

Fifth Preference

  • Qualified investors that invest $500,000 or $1,000,000 (depending on location) into a U.S. business that will generate 10 permanent, full-time jobs for U.S. workers. “EB-5 investments” can be made by individual investors/business owners into their own business, or by group investments where numerous foreign investors pool their funding for a qualifying project through a “Regional Center” that has been approved by USCIS.

If you still aren’t sure if you could apply for an employment-based visa, we would love to speak with you and provide you with the clarity you seek. Contact our immigration lawyers in Shreveport today at (318) 402-0808.